This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to sync with Media Device?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jotagood

Re:How to sync with Media Device?

Tue May 03, 2005 2:53 pm
One of the 4 reasons keeping me to totally switch from Win to Linux is the Mediamonkey and its features to sync my music with my iRiver iHP 120.

It would be sooooooooo cool if you coud add iRiver support to AmaroK, it\'s the best Linux player i\'ve seen.

Superb job, please support iRiver Jukeboxes!!!
OzzY

Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:22 am
I\'ve had a bit of a go at writing a simple sync program that could help here. Unfortunately it doesn\'t work within amarok, but should still be useful.

Basically it reads a playlist file (created with amarok of course ;) ) and for each song in the list, copies it to a specified directory. The idea being you have an mp3 player mounted in that directory. It also maintains the directory structure on the mp3 player so your artist/album structure is not lost.

Be warned, any files on the mp3 player that are NOT in the playlist will be deleted from the mp3 player (useful to remember if you use it as a hard disk too)!

The readme should answer any setup questions but feel free to mail me...

The program can be downloaded here:

MediaDeviceSync

This is still under development and you use at your own risk. You should always back up any files before using this program.
Mike Diehl
Registered Member
OzzY

Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:35 pm
yep, that looks good too. I haven\'t tried it, but just wondered whether it only allowed transfers of one file at a time. Could get a bit tedious compared to auto syncing a whole playlist when several GB are involved.

happy to be corrected though :)
Mike Diehl
Registered Member

Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:39 pm
No, it works on all tracks that are selected from the playlist, if you want only 2, select them, if you want all, select all. :)
Rafael Castro
Registered Member

Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:18 am
Is it me, or it doesn\'t work well with spaces in the filename and UTF8?