This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Watch folders for change

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
djf_jeff

Watch folders for change

Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:43 am
Hi,

I use amaroK since one week and I\'m very impressed with it. The only problem I encounter is the following :

The first time I have started amaroK, I have point it to /opt/mp3 and say to \"Watch folders for change\". Everything work fine, my music is imported and play.

Yesterday, I have add another directory to /opt/mp3 and it don\'t show up in \"My Collection\". If I unchecked \"Watch folders for change\" and click Update manually, it don\'t show up either.

The only thing that work is to rescan the entire collection (and with 10gig, it\'s a little slow...)

I run Gnome, so maybe there is some KDE deamon that don\'t run.. I don\'t know.

Any ideas?
muesli
KDE Developer

Re:Watch folders for change

Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:29 am
where is this /opt/mp3 stored on?

it uses no daemon to watch the folders, but compares the folders\' modification-date.

regards,
muesli
djf_jeff

Re:Watch folders for change

Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:30 am
It\'s on my / parition, local on my laptop.

Ok, the modification date. So if I add /opt/mp3 for my collection and add a folder in /opt/mp3/Slayer, it does not modify the modification date of /opt/mp3. So I think we have a problem here.

And if I add a folder directly in /opt/mp3, it change the modification and I wait 10 minutes and it doesn\'t show up in \"My Collection\"