This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Add some text based (wiki?) stuff to an album?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Erik Wasser
Registered Member
Hello forum,

I would like to make a features request, I read \'README: Feature Requests\' and I hope I\'ve done my homework. B-) But first let me tell you my live story with MP3s. I hear a lot of stuff and I\'m getting stucked with XMMS for years. But XMMS got his problems with the development of it... aeh... I mean the lack of development of course. Frustrated XMMS players made a fork of XMMS (http://www.sosdg.org/~larne/w/BMP_Homepage) and I tried it but they removed the doublesize option (just double the window size) and so it\'s window is to small on my monitor.

So I tried amarok and I was amazed. So I thought if there is a possibilty to add some text content to an album. The text content should be some kind of (very limited) wiki syntax. Here\'s a simple usecase:

I click on my album \'Music\' from madonna and enter the following text: *Bam* The queen of pop is back in business. With this great album [[artist:Madonna]] strikes me again. A very good song is the cover song [[song:American Pie]] from [[Artist:Don Mc Lean]] from this album [[album:American Pie]] of him. My favorite song is \'What It Feels Like For A Girl\' and... bla... bla...

After the click on \'Save\' he text will be presented to the user like a mini html page. A click on the link will start search for the specified entity. The link [[artist:Madonna]] will search for all \'Madonna\' songs etc...

Generell I like the idea of entering some free text informationen for an album. I would like to remember where I got this album: did I bought it or downloaded it somewhere. I would like to add the name of the label to some of my albums. Ninja tune makes very good music so I would to tag my stuff from ninja tune.

And I would like to make comments in the above form.

So... what do you think?

P.S: Please no discussion about my recension of the Madonna album. B-)
niwi
Great idea! I would like have something like this too.