This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

FEATURE REQUEST: Smart Shuffle

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Ian Eure

FEATURE REQUEST: Smart Shuffle

Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:14 pm
I find that even after I put a fair number of songs into a playlist, when I shuffle the list, there are often songs by the same artist and/or album next to each other.

I\'d like a smart shuffle that doesn\'t put two songs by the same artist, or two songs from the same album next to each other.
zekant

Re:FEATURE REQUEST: Smart Shuffle

Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:47 am
I second that, plus it should be easy to code.
qsc

Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:32 pm
shuffle by album and sort by track would be very nice too
Chucky Chesthair
Registered Member

Even Smarter Shuffle

Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:57 pm
I would like to go a bit further with the shuffle/random feature. I\'d like to be able to influence the shuffling, choosing form any of the fields in the id3 tags.

So I could choose \"year, artist, album\" and it would start with a random year and then play all albums (in order) from all artists that released albums that year.

On the other hand, I could choose \"genre, artist\" and it would choose a genre (say jazz) and then play all songs from artists that have songs in that genre, but it would play songs from one artist randomly, before moving on to the next artist in the genre.

This would give people the option to make shuffled/random playlists still follow whatever type of order they want without having to make playlists manually.

CC
federico

Re:Even Smarter Shuffle

Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:42 pm
I agree with this totally. Would be an awesome feature!
evildrdan

Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:05 am
I\'ve been longing for this as my music collection is rather unbalanced. I have whole discographies of some artists and only one CD from others. I would like to see at least a plugin that does something like this.

Artist #1
Album #1 - 1 song
Album #2 - 1 song
Artist #2
Album #1 - 2 songs