This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

save stream [feature request]

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Hendrik
Registered Member

save stream [feature request]

Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:06 pm
Hi,
I like to listen to various mp3/ogg streams with amarok from time to time and sometimes there is really just a song where i think: \"wow, i wish i could record this!\"
but until i get into konsole and get some obscure commandline options of mplayer to do this, the song is long gone.
What I propose(if possible):
Having a nice red record button on the toolbar, this could be followed by a popup for filename and/or format.

I realize that this might be completely dependent on the sound engine but it shouldn\'t it be quite doable at least with gstreamer?

Well, I\'m looking forward to hearing your comments!

Hendrik
febs

Re:save stream [feature request]

Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:02 pm
this is a GREAT IDEA
allanon

Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:13 am
I agree. I know the \"feature request\" sticky, but, but, but... I, for one, welcome the kitchen sink.
larry

Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:45 pm
Me too would love this feature. Thanks for Amarok, it is absolutely fabulous. :)
grunda

Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:04 pm
yes, winamp does have a open source plugin (http://streamripper.sourceforge.net) that does that. Perhaps most of the code can be grabbed from it. It is nice, because it also tag the files, moves them in the right folder (I.E: artist/album/song.mp3) and so on.
jeep05

wonderful idea

Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:27 pm
I had the same idea !

Kaffeine already to that, so I think it\'s possible to integrate this feature in Amarok !! it would be super :)

I hope you do that.
Alanceil
Registered Member
OS

Re:wonderful idea

Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:46 pm
Full ACK. - great idea ImageImage
Sheepehad

Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:28 pm
Is any work being done on this? I would love to see a streamripper
bubbleguuum

Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:19 am
I\'m working on this. I have streamripper launching and stoping when playing stream but need to ad a record button to the UI only for streams.
oSonnYo
Registered Member

Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:48 pm
great idea. i think ther was a proposal in kde-apps.
I\'m using kstreamripper to record mp3 streams, but it was pretty good to use amarok to record and to listen the streams