This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature request: OSD stays on screen

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
martin
Hi, sorry if this has been brought up before...
It would be great if you could set the OSD not to dissapear after a certain amount of time, but just remain on the screen and be updated when the song changes. I was able to implement this on my computer just by commenting out the lines in the source code which concern hiding the OSD, then recompliling, so I don\'t think it would be too hard. The comments in the source code make me think that if duration is set to 0, it would have this effect, but the confuguration doesn\'t allow this.

Thanks

Martin
Hans
Administrator
OS
Yeah, I\'ve also thought about that.
But, having it always on top could be a annoying sometimes...

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
marcel
Registered Member
OS
Although it seems to be easy to achive this (but allowing 0 as a value), this can also be addressed by dcop and maybe a superkaramba app very easy (at least I think so).
I saw some superkaramba thing on kde-look.org some time ago, maybe have a look there if you are interested.
Max Howell
Alumni
Indeed, just edit the rc and set time to 0 to acheive this. We could make the GUI allow setting 0, hopefully we\'ll get a good patch. Ie one that warns the user that 0 = stays for ever, also preferably shows Forever in the spinbox too.
eean
KDE Developer
OS
The KDE widget makes having it say something like \'forever\' really easy, its just a property.

Amarok Developer
Max Howell
Alumni
Cool, about to commit it saying \"forever\" thanks eean :)