This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amaro(k?)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Jacob Gadikian
Registered Member

Amaro(k?)

Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:49 am
Hello everyone, as frequent readers probably know, I\'m a happy MandrakeLinux user, and I *LOOOOOVE* amarok.

*BUT*

I would like to move to Ubuntu, as it seems like that\'s the direction that things are going in, and that spatial interfaces are the way to rock. So without denegrating the KDE crowd, how do I make AmaroK happen without the K, or with as little K as possible to avoid bogging down my system? Can it happen?

I know that since Mandrake has packages for both Gnome and KDE I can run Gnome apps (like Evolution) very nicely under K. Does it work both ways?

Thanks,

-Jake

(I have *NO* intention of starting a KDE-Gnome flame war, I just need a bit of help on this issue)
muesli
KDE Developer

Re:Amaro(k?)

Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:08 am
sure works both ways. you only need kdelibs for amarok. and you prolly need that anyways, otherwise no kde app won\'t run at all.

regards,
muesli
Max Howell
Alumni

Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:49 am
See the wiki entry KDElibs_without_aRts
brk3

Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:38 pm
Ya I did the exact same, used to use Mandrake and then switched to ubuntu. Compiled qt, kdelibs and amarok. Thats all you need! Of course if you have broadband you can get kdelibs easily with ubuntu\'s package manager. So what\'re you waiting for :)