This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Massing Renaming Massacre :(

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mmport80

Massing Renaming Massacre :(

Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:27 am
Hi,

I just found Amarok recently - great app, but... somehow i managed to rename half of my song titles \"Egg Raid on Mojo\" :/

Everytime i restart the player it continues the renaming massacre :(:(

I guess i\'ll just have to remove amarok and start again...

Maybe have a prompt in future, for mass renamings like that...
Alanceil
Registered Member
OS

Re:Massing Renaming Massacre :(

Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:17 am
Same thing happened to me...

I typed the album name of some tracks I wanted to edit in the search-bar, did a Strg+A to mark them all end edited the year. At the end, ALL tracks had the same year. Quite annoying ... (@Devs) perhaps you could change Strg+A to mark only the visible tracks, not the complete tracklist ?

Post edited by: Alanceil, at: 2005/02/24 22:19
manulite

Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:09 am
A very similar thing here!!!

I selected about 35 songs from a 2CD collection wanting to mass edit the Artist Name. Unfortunately while I still had my Ctrl button pressed down i mistakenly clicked one of the songs in the list putting the Title Field into edit mode.
Without making changes, I clicked elsewhere in the window (thinking i\'m removing it from edit mode) and whooop!!, the whole list has the same song title!

Of course the only undo function there is the Playlist -> Undo which only managed to undo my adding the files to the playlist, and not the editing of tags.

This has happened to me twice now. Now everytime I have to edit tags, I think of juK. The way it is I think one of those \"Are you sure you wanna do that?\" pop-up dialog boxes will be very much appreciated!
allanon

Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:38 pm
I\'ve done the same mistake myself a couple of times. I wish it wasn\'t that easy.
eean
KDE Developer
OS

Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:15 pm
I think a good solution would to make the Undo functional in regards to tag editing.

Amarok Developer
pantsgolem
Registered Member

Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:18 pm
I did some checking, and multiple-item selection does have some major problems in a filtered playlist. Not only does Select All select the entire playlist instead of the current filtered view, but using Shift-click to select sequential entries will also select entries that are not in the current filter.

Both of these could lead to some rather frustrating problems as shown above. Undo for tagging would help, but item selection should be looked into as well.

Might also help to have the multiple file tag dialog show a count of how many files will be affected, instead of or in addition to a warning.
samoht

Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:17 pm
Same here :(
Fortunately I had copies of the affected tracks on my iPod and copied them back.