This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Suggestion ? Cache for lyrics

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
blablack

Suggestion ? Cache for lyrics

Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:42 pm
Actually, i have a simple request, but the point is that i\'m french, so i\'ll try to explain it the most clearly as possible

I love the function that download the lyrics of the songs... But amarok doesn\'t keep this lyrics.... Each time it downloads it on internet, and if i\'m not connected...... no lyrics !!!!!

Is it possible to implement a kind of cache to download the lyrics one time ?

That could be great !
brk3

Re:Suggestion ? Cache for lyrics

Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:26 pm
Ya i was thinking that before aswell, why not cache the lyrics? I would be more effcient and handy when your not connected to the net
muesli
KDE Developer

Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:01 pm
copyright issue.

regards,
muesli
blablack

Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:17 am
And what\'s the difference between have a cache for the covers (or pictures, sorry i don\'t know the good english word) of the album and the lyrics ?

I mean, if it\'s a problem of copyright, the problem is exactly the same here, isn\'t it ?
jada

Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:20 am
Not necessary, cause amazon wich is the source for the coverimages gives you some rights for what you can do or not do.
blablack

Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:19 pm
But the laws says that i can have a copy of my original cds... That includes the songs (mp3), the cover of the cds and the lyrics !!!!
Hans
Administrator
OS

Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:50 am
Yeah, but I\'m not sure the Lyrics site would be happy...

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
Steffen Engl
Registered Member

Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:52 pm
Hello Folks,

how about allowing users to enter their own lyrics directly in amaroK?
and as a next step how about searching in this lyrics :)

there are often people saying \"I don\'t know the artist or the song, but they are singing something like \'foobar\'\".
in this case you can search the lyrics to find a song.

Englbit
mortiferus
Registered Member

Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:42 am
Mogger wrote:
Yeah, but I\'m not sure the Lyrics site would be happy...

I thought about this, but why not? What does the lyric site earn on that we use his bandwith? Its not like he gets advertising money. The only thing he gets from it is the posibility that more users add and correct lyrics, and he wil have that advantage eaven if we cache he lyrics.
imported-ChL
Registered Member

Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:34 am
Caching the lyrics will minimize the traffic of the lyrics-site! So it\'s a good thing. ;)