This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Album art saving with music

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
anthias

Album art saving with music

Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:23 pm
Hello Everyone,
Is there a way to save the album art that amarok has found with the album instead of in ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/albumcovers?

This is a beautiful program thank you very much!

-j
jada

Re:Album art saving with music

Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:41 am
Not 100 % sure, but believe the agreement with amazon is that the albumcoverfiles should not be easily recognized on the harddrive or something.
Michael Mitton
Registered Member

Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:37 am
It is the policy of Amazon that the images be deleted after, I think, 90 days, and I saw a post on these forums somewhere by one of the developers who said they would make their best efforts to comply with that policy. I would guess that, in conjunction with this, amaroK won\'t let you change where the covers are.
Alanceil
Registered Member
OS

Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:54 am
I used a workaround - I opened the cover folder with gwenview, and copied the pictures to their album folders as cov.png. Then I set them as folder pictures (edit the resulting .directory so that the picture is a relative path, for example Icon=./cov.png - this saves you the time of creating a picture for every album folder - just copy the .directory everywhere), et voilà, persistent covers in the right place.

Post edited by: Alanceil, at: 2005/03/05 22:58