This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Request:Record Collection

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kenny

Request:Record Collection

Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:45 am
Hi,
i really like the way amaroK represents all the meta info of mp3\'s (Cover, id3 Tags, OSD) and it`s my prefered mp3 player,
but i would be very happy, if there would be more features for using amaroK like a virtual Record-collection :
for example the only sence of the cover manager seems to be more or less to grap the covers. It would be nice if one could make a hirachical structure of the covers and having a context menu with some functions, for example adding the album of the cover to the playlist - just like in good old times where one had a cd rag or a vinyl collection !(looking over the covers you ordered in your special way, grap one and put it into the player )
So in my opinion at the moment it is more like this :
you have a xmms like playlist with some added graphic functionality.
But i want it the other way round; a graphical view based on the covers to manage the player.
But there comes the next problem :
i have a lot of , of course all legal, mp3\'s. Over the years i have never spended much time to take care of the id3 tags.
So it would be very nice if there also would be some context menu for a easy-tag like tool or an easy-tag interface.
thnx
animefan

Re:Request:Record Collection

Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:56 am
replying to the second topic: as you already pointed out, there is already easytag - and its currently the best tool avaiable (IMHO!), and it would be nonsense to double the effort and put the same functionality into amarok - but an integration, like done with k3b would be nice, if possible. Besides that, you can make simple corrections in amarok, but for mass taggin use easytag.

As I understand some developers, there is a bigger redesign possible for 1.3. I, for example, am working on redesigning the GUI for more usability - that\'s not that easy task, as I thought before :)