This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

amarok problems in Mandrake 10.1

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Dave

amarok problems in Mandrake 10.1

Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:25 pm
I recently installed Mandrake and was using amarok and enjoying it until by accident I dragged file that I thought was a music file from the default play list and it turned out to be some html that filled the play list. After I turned it off and later tried to open amarok again I would get the splash screen but not player and then I would get a message telling me to type in amarok at the terminal. I did that and it would try to turn it on but nothing happened. I even uninstalled and reinstalled it but that made no difference.

What would cause that? Any clues to get it working again? Is this a problem of Mandrake?

Thanks,
Dave
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Re:amarok problems in Mandrake 10.1

Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:45 pm
rm ~/.kde/share/config/amarokrc

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
Dave

Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:07 pm
thank you! it fixed the problem...

what causes that?
Dave

Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:25 pm
every once in a while for some reason amarok will be playing music but the bars won\'t be moving up and down, they freeze up. Is that the fault of Mandrake or KDE?
Now when I bring up amarok the screen is blank even though the music is playing, somethings buggy and I don\'t know what.

any clues?
thanks
oggb4mp3
Registered Member

Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:52 am
When you say bars, do you mean the visualization scope at the bottom of the playlist?

Also, what engine are you using?