This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature request: Remove tag info

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Alanceil
Registered Member
OS

Feature request: Remove tag info

Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:31 am
(This refers to the window you get when you edit the tags of more than one file)

As the title says, I\'d like to have the ability to remove certain tag information, like the year, album, etc...

Currently, you can enter a space - this makes this part of the tag empty, but it does not remove it (The areas for the tags in the OSD do not vanish, as they do when the tag info is not present - so I assume that it is just empty). Could this be changed to \"remove this tag info\" ?

(I had an \"accident\" with an older version of amaroK which tagged my complete collection with the year 2004 - now I want to remove the year tag info, but I can\'t, because amaroK ignores empty \"year\" boxes in the multiple-files-tag-edit window and spaces are not allowed... :( )
Michael Mitton
Registered Member

Re:Feature request: Remove tag info

Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:49 am
Are you using a version prior to 1.2.2? I think this is fixed in 1.2.2.

In earlier versions, when you brought up the dialog to edit the meta-info, it didn\'t contain the existing tags. So, for example, if you wanted to change 2004 to nothing, you couldn\'t. There\'s be an empty box, and the only way it would know to change that tag is if you actually put *something* in the year box for it to edit the year.

But in 1.2.2, you\'ll see all the existing info. So now, you can simply delete the year 2004, and amaroK will know to change the tag--to nothing, i.e., no tag.
Alanceil
Registered Member
OS

Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:04 pm
I am using the CVS version of amaroK.

Year tag removing works if you bring up the tag window for one file - if you want to do this in the window you get when more than one file is selected, you can clear the year field, but it doesn\'t change anything... :(
Alanceil
Registered Member
OS

Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:42 pm
Found a workaround:

1. Create a smart playlist with the \"bad\" year.
2. Clear the year tag of one song.
3. Mark all songs, and right click on the empty year field; select Write \"\" for selected tracks.

Nevertheless, the problem is still persistent: You cannot delete year tags with the multiple-files-tag-editing window, because you are not allowed to enter a space. Emptying the field is also useless, because nothing will be changed.

Post edited by: Alanceil, at: 2005/03/27 17:51