This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Suse Pakages not longer outdated

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
hunt0r

Suse Pakages not longer outdated

Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:09 am
Under download amaroK it says SuSE (outdated), but they aren\'t enymore :)
apachelogger
KDE Developer
OS

Re:Suse Pakages not longer outdated

Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:18 am
I really don\'t know what you mean!

Annoyed with bbcode since 1999.
Michael Mitton
Registered Member

Re:Suse Pakages not longer outdated

Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:38 am
It means that you can get 1.2.2 through YaST now. You can certainly find it in the /supplementary/KDE repositories, but I\'m not sure about the regular, non-supplementary ones.

Although, I had a problem with this. When I tried to add in the gstreamer and xine plugins for amaroK (also available through YaST), it hosed my amaroK. The thing wouldn\'t start (but something was running--it at least had a process ID number). So I uninstalled everything then reinstalled without the plugins. But, amaroK was defaulting to the Arts engine, and if you upgrade to KDE 3.4 on AMD64, Arts stops working, so amaroK wasn\'t able to play anthing. It gets worse--When I tried switching to one of the other engines, amaroK would always lock up, without registering the change.

I was pulling my hair out, but ultimately found out how to get Arts up and running again. Anyway, I still can\'t change the engine without causing amaroK to lock up.