This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Holy ****

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Crazy

Holy ****

Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:00 pm
For years now, I\'ve been using XMMS to play my music. People would always tell me that these other programs were better, and I\'d try one every once in a while, but they were always annoying in some way and I\'d go back to XMMS, which was, as always, \"good enough.\" I just needed to play my music, right?

Last week I finally got suckered into trying amaroK. And holy ****. This is the most awesome thing I have ever seen.

Two weeks I simply would not have believed I could get so excited about a music player. But as soon as I opened it and the beautiful, clean wizard set me up, and then gui elements had hints and everything was so user-friendly, I knew I was onto something special. Everything about it -- the automatic album covers, the lyrics even for streams (lyrc for XMMS could never handle those), the rating tracking, the universal shortcuts, the functionality-packed tray icon, the independent volume, the beautiful OSD, the builtin CD-burning aspect -- made me flip out a little bit more. Being able to drag files to the tray icon to queue them up...I\'m going crazy.

Thank you, amaroK team.
Hans
Administrator
OS

Re:Holy ****

Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:01 pm
I feel really sorry for you, that it took so long to find amaroK. No doubt the best music player ever, and it gets better and better - will there be an end?

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
brk3

Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:30 am
To be honest it scares the hell out of me to think that there are linux users out there who actually dont know amarok exists!
Crazy

Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:31 am
There\'s one thing I\'d like -- the OSD display has a nice transparency effect, but it\'s faked. Now that kwin has support for the real transparency in Xorg, shouldn\'t it be easy to use real transparency?
mxcl

Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:18 pm
I\'m so pleased somebody uses the drag to tray feature :) I added that on evening when I was on the beers ;)

Thanks for the kind words. amaroK 1.2.x has been hard and long!
muesli
KDE Developer

Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:16 am
hard and long like my phd ;-)