This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature Request: Network media browser

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Woody
I looked around in the forums a little, and didn\'t find this feature request, but excuse me if it is a repeat.

I live in a frat, and everyone (but me) uses iTunes because it lets you browse and listen to music from everyone else\'s computer almost as if it were on your own. That is to say, you can click on something and see music and playlists from everyone else who has iTunes, and load it as if it were on your computer. AmaroK now has html playlist serving, and streaming serving; I don\'t know what exactly it would take to implement a combination of these similar to iTunes, but that would be an awesome feature. Also, I don\'t know how iTunes does it, but is it possible to make something compatible with it? I\'m sure dorms and other high-capacity networks are figuring out this neat feature of iTunes, so why not AmaroK? I can impress the most hardcore iTunes fan with AmaroK, but they can always point to this iTunes feature as the feature that proves superiority. Even without this, I still like amaroK better, but that feature is pretty sweet.

Thanks.
mortiferus
Registered Member
Forezt
I completely agree. Amarok would kick even more **** if it had a DAAP browser. Or better yet, allow you to download music from the other DAAP shares (a la mytunes). Not implying that I\'d download other people\'s music, of course. You know, personal use purposes....
JakubS
Download daap:/ ioslave from kdeplayground-multimedia and here is you DAAP browser/downloader. As a bonus it works not only in Amarok but in every KDE app.