This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature Request: Different Album Cover Source

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Ed Turpin
Registered Member
The amazon cover delete thing is annoying. There has got to be some other place to get these covers without a licence like amazon.

Also, it you do/can find an alternative source storing the covers in the mp3 files themselves instead of a directory would be much better too.
Hans
Administrator
OS
BadMofo666 wrote:
The amazon cover delete thing is annoying. There has got to be some other place to get these covers without a licence like amazon.

You can try this script to save the covers.

Post edited by: Mogger, at: 2005/04/03 12:49

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
mortiferus
Registered Member
touch ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/albumcovers/large/*

But I agree, it is a big blow to the usability that it deletes the covers, and if it is possible it should be avoided. It is almost like it would be better withouth the cover fetching.

Edit:
Lol, my karma drops proportionately with the number of times i post this "touch-dark-secret" :P

Post edited by: mortiferus, at: 2005/04/03 23:46
muesli
KDE Developer
so, just don\'t download them?!

sorry, covers are copyright protected material and we have to respect amazon\'s license.

...muesli
Mike Diehl
Registered Member
You can already set custom covers. Download your own covers and set them as you wish.
eean
KDE Developer
OS
You don\'t even have to download them first, just use the URL in the Set Custom Cover.

Amarok Developer
imported-shiny
Registered Member
Why not use google images, like juk?
xatax
Registered Member
Amazon finds the right covers.. google returns quite random pictures. Atleast on my machine, Juk returns not that accurate stuff.

amaroK is designed to stay in the legal boundrys and we have to delete the covers as amazon licence requests it.
It doesnt bother me, as i have most of my tags corrected into the real album names and artists and i just press \"fetch missing covers\" when my covers get deleted, amaroK nicely re-fetches them and voila!

^ Henche: tag your files with the correct names!
Mamonetti
hi

i\'m setting \"custom covers\", which i\'ve get from a different source but after 90 days have been removed all of them (even those external covers).. why?

i can understand what must be done with covers downloaded from amazon, no problem with this, but i don\'t understand why must be deleted also the \"other\" covers..
imported-shiny
Registered Member
Look at albumart. http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=10069
It uses Amazon, Buy.com, Walmart, and Yahoo! Image Search. With all of them turned on you get acurate AND big images. Why not add more image sources to amarok too?