This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature Requests: Album Art & OSD Stuff

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Dario
Registered Member
First off, awesome app. I too, am amazed it took me years to find it!

Anywayz, I got some ideas for ya...

Add \"View Modes\" to the playlist browser. This would work just like the view modes in konqueror. One view (Probably the default) would be a Detailed List view, which would be exactly like what we have now. Another option would be a Thumbnails view, which would be similar to the Icons view in Konqueror.

Allow more customization of the OSD. Some suggestions: Multiple text sizes. Left, Center, or Right justified tags. New tags for \"Previous Track\" and \"Next Track\".

Change the layout of the OSD when it\'s snapped to the right hand side of the screen. Moving the album artwork to the right side of the OSD would probably work better when the OSD is snapped to the right hand side of the screen.

Add OSD mouseovers to tracks in the playlist browser. (You hover the mouse on a track for a little bit, and it pops up the album art, etc)

Replace the system tray mouseover popup with a real amaroK themed OSD.

Add an option to use a thumbnail of the current album cover as the icon in the system tray.

OK, enough for tonight...

-Dario

Post edited by: Diznario, at: 2005/04/04 10:56
zekant
Registered Member
another little suggestion :
remove bitrate information from the systray tooltip
because i think that\'s not the kind of information you want to see there, don\'t you ?
Hans
Administrator
OS
Diznario wrote:
Add "View Modes" to the playlist browser. This would work just like the view modes in konqueror. One view (Probably the default) would be a Detailed List view, which would be exactly like what we have now. Another option would be a Thumbnails view, which would be similar to the Icons view in Konqueror.

I don\'t really see the point in different View Modes in playlist browser? Thumnails - which icons?

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
kundor
Diznario wrote:
Add OSD mouseovers to tracks in the playlist browser.

Replace the system tray mouseover popup with a real amaroK themed OSD.

zekant wrote:

These all seem like good ideas to me!
zekant
Registered Member
Mogger ->

I thinks by \"icons\" he means album covers. There already was several requests for that. It would be a kind of album cover browser within the collection panel ...
Hans
Administrator
OS
Oh - in the collection. I think I misunderstood.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
Dario
Registered Member
Yeah, I\'m talkin about album covers.

I was just using Konqueror\'s \"icon view\" as an example of what it could look like.

But yes, the icons would be replaced with thumbnails of each album cover. Kinda like when you view a folder that has a bunch of pictures in it.

(Sorry if it\'s been requested before!)

-Dario

Post edited by: Diznario, at: 2005/04/06 22:47
cv
zekant wrote:
another little suggestion :
because i think that\'s not the kind of information you want to see there, don\'t you ?

and sample rate... ;)