This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

left klick on cover respeaks my intiution

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kenny
Hi,

it\'s only a little detail, but i am getting more and more nerved by the fact, that amaroK opens a browser to musicbrainz if you do a left klick on a cover, because my intiution tells me to open the cover in big-view when i do left click on it..... why don\'t you put musicbrainz in the context menu and open the cover in big-view as standart function on left klick ?
A good argument for this is in IMHO that the operation to open a browser and connect to a datatabase is a complex one and one looses a bit of control, if so complex things are done with one left click...... for example:
if George W. Bush had the atomar-firststrike on a left-mouseclick on his office-computer, it would be the end of the world.......
Hope there are more people who see this like me :-)
thnx
markey
KDE Developer
OS
1) It opens amazon.com, not musicbrainz.com.
2) We\'re bound to do this due to amazon\'s licensing terms.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
kenny
hm i see i see.... so i have to say, that this license term is shiiiit
but thnx for the information
I hope you understand, that it\'s sometimes hard to give up habitual left-klickin on things and that it can go on your nerves, if a programm does smth against your will...... i mean thats the reason why i use linux... ..anyway amaroK is a good program and if i had the choice between no covers and that left click problem, i would choose covers...
thnx