This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature request: Advanced playlist filter

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Flex
Registered Member
I just came up with this idea, not sure if it\'s easy to implement.

Would be nice if we could use boolean operators fin the playlist filter. For example, on could use:

NOT "It ain\'t safe no more"

So all songs of the album "It ain\'t safe no more" wouldn\'t be shown. I would is this a lot, because I usually mix all songs (and therefore, it\'s not so easy to remove them by hand).

Another example:

"Incubus" AND "Red Hot Chili Peppers"

Would select all tracks of Incubus and Red Hot Chilli peppers.

What you you think?
Michael Mitton
Registered Member
You can already do this. Go to the playlist tab, click on \"create smart playlist\", and play around to your heart\'s content. Click the \"+\" button to add more than one criterion.
sebr
Yes, but i think he wants this in the playlistwindow filter.
eean
KDE Developer
OS
NOT I guess might make sense. AND doesn\'t though, thats how it already works. I don\'t really see the point of searching with quotations, even if you have tens of thousands of tracks, you generally don\'t need to narrow it down that much.

Amarok Developer
Flex
Registered Member
You can already do this. Go to the playlist tab, click on \\"create smart playlist\\", and play
around to your heart\'s content. Click the \\"+\\" button to add more than one criterion.

Yes, I tried that some time ago, but it created another list, which isn\'t what i want. ;)
Yes, but i think he wants this in the playlistwindow filter.

Exactly :)
NOT I guess might make sense. AND doesn\'t though, thats how it already works. I don\'t really see the
point of searching with quotations, even if you have tens of thousands of tracks, you generally
don\'t need to narrow it down that much.

When you have enabled "append suggestions", the playlist grows up very quickly, I usually have more than 300 files in the current playlist and the filter is too simple to manage so many files.

Post edited by: Flextron, at: 2005/04/11 19:18
eean
KDE Developer
OS
Actually now that I think about for NOT to work correctly you\'d need the quotations.

Still no point for AND. ;)

Amarok Developer
isma
And wouldn\'t be better use ! instead of NOT word? Just to make typing it easier. Or maybe its only clear for programmers and would be obscure to other users?
denny
I think it\'s a great idea.