This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Color Scheme

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Nick Matteo
Registered Member

Color Scheme

Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:16 am
I am having trouble getting the Color Scheme settings to work how I want. I like how amaroK looks when I have the universal \"selected background,\" that is highlight, color set to blue, and the selected text to white. The selected background color is used for the titles in the context browser, lightened for the background of the context browser, and for the pulsing selection bar on the currently playing song.

However, for all my other apps I prefer a yellow highlight and black selected text. I thought using the Custom Color scheme option in amaroK would help me with that, but setting neither foreground nor background to the color I want makes it take the effect of selected background. Instead, some weird amalgamation of the foreground and background colors that you choose is applied to everything.

Having real control of amaroK\'s colors would be nice!

Here are some screenshots to try to explain my point.

Desired look with highlight color of #0984E3:

Actual look with background set to #0984E3:

Actual look with foreground set to #0984E3:

Post edited by: kundor, at: 2005/04/10 05:20
Nick Matteo
Registered Member

Re:Color Scheme

Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:10 am
Hmm. Could someone please explain to me what these \"foreground\" and \"background\" settings actually do, and how I can use them to get the look I want?

Thanks.
eean
KDE Developer
OS

Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:46 am
If thats how you like all your apps to look, use edit the KDE color scheme instead. I think you\'ll have more luck.

Post edited by: eean, at: 2005/04/14 07:51

Amarok Developer
Nick Matteo
Registered Member

Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:29 pm
As I explained, I like all my apps to use yellow highlighting, except amaroK, which uses the highlight color all over the place.

Is there an explanation somewhere of how the two colors in the custom color scheme settings are used to determine the colors that are actually used?
eean
KDE Developer
OS

Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:54 am
Oh, I misread you. I believe the answer is no, outside of the source.

Amarok Developer