This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Multiple artists in MP3 tag

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
angeloeo

Multiple artists in MP3 tag

Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:59 am
I have a lot of mp3\'s. In many cases, the artist have a duet with an other singer. I want an entry in the collection for each artist, not an entry like : \'Bryan Adams/Shania Twain\'. How I do this? It\'s possible or not implemented?. thanks

(sorry for my english)
eean
KDE Developer
OS

Re:Multiple artists in MP3 tag

Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:52 am
Nope, not implemented.

Amarok Developer
angeloeo

Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:08 am
Ok,

I love amaroK... I\'m loving it...
Rafael Castro

Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:11 pm
I\'d very much like to have that feature also. Is that planned, has anyone suggested anything realated to this yet? I\'d like to develop a patch , either by separators in the artist field, or multilple fields (I think id3v2 allows, doesn\'t it?). Is that a feature desired by Amarok devs/users? Is there someone working on that already?
eean
KDE Developer
OS

Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:35 pm
You can see in the developers blogs that it is a feature that is wanted. There\'s also a bug report with many of dups marked againist it. No one is working on it. Its an issue of how to best go about it. mxcl was just suggesting using the genre tag, and seperating values with a comma. But anyways, go for it. :)

Amarok Developer
Rafael Castro

Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:21 pm
I think using separator characters has a big drawback wich is bands with that on their names... for \'&\' we have Simon & Garfunkel, or Crosby, Stills and Nash for commas... I think the best solution on the long run is using multiple id3v2 artist fields.... taglib allows this, doesn\'t it? I used id3lib a few months ago and I remember that\'s part of the id3v2 specification... I could later provide some simple scripts to convert, given the separators, to this format.... how you guys feel about it? I really wanna do this, but I\'d like some opinions in order to do it the way everybody prefers... thanks
patriot
Registered Member

Re: Multiple artists in MP3 tag

Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:00 am
All is not yet supported?