This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature Request: Drag&Drop Songs in ContextBrowser

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
seezer
Hi there.
Because of this beeing my first post in here, i have to thank you for this really really great piece of software. I just love it. Great work!

Ok, here we go:

I thought about a feature for cleaning id3tags easier.
A bunch of songs belonging to one single album but having slightly different album names (like \'Foo in the Bar\' and \'Fo in Bar\') splits albums in context browser.
How about beeing able to drag a song from album A to album B with automagically overwriting the id3tag with the target\'s albumname?

I don\'t know if this is possible or even usefull outside my head.. but perhaps someone picks this up..

Greetings,
Sebastian
xatax
Registered Member
I think this is a NO NO!

First, you could do this easly in the collection browser under tree mode!
Secondly, the context browser is already under quite heavy load and this might actualy just confuse people.
seezer
Ok, looking at load it really might be better to just implement more important things in context browser.

but i don\'t get how this could be actually done in the collection browser.
the \'confused\' could be helped with a \'do you really want to?\' popup with a \'remember\' checkbox.

just an idea..

greetz
fish
Maybe ask the user:

[_] Retag the album entry of the file
[_] Move the file to directory
[_] Retag the album entry and move the file to directory

(my English is **** I know)

I think this is a good idea and what I call a user-friendly and intuitive feature!

\"First, you could do this easly in the collection browser under tree mode!\"

Hm? And why should this be a reason not to add it in the collection browser?

\"Secondly, the context browser is already under quite heavy load and this might actualy just confuse people.\"

I wonder why. Nothing in the UI would have to change, no?
fish
Sry, I mean \"not to add it in the context browser\" of course...
Nick Matteo
Registered Member
I really wouldn\'t like this to be in the context browser...the context browser is there to provide context, not to manage your collection. For that you use the collection browser.
xatax
Registered Member
the context browser is there to provide
context, not to manage your collection. For that you use the collection browser.

Excelent point! My thought exactly.

Also please notice, that the context browser is there to provide mostly Information and is a pure HTML page. Adding those features there would be pointless, as collection browser IS ment to handle your collection, that includes drag&drop songs from albums to albums.(Tree mode: Artist/album).