This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Remember "cover-ID" after removal

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Uli

Remember "cover-ID" after removal

Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:18 pm
Hi,

after 90 days or so, amarok removes the covers it fetched from Amazon. This seems to be due to Amazon\'s licence.

Does this mean that the situation for the album is the same as if there was never a cover added?

This would not be a very nice solution because in many cases, the wrong cover is fetch when using the automatic, so I had to select the right cover manually. After the cover is removed, I have to do this again.

Would it be allowed by Amazon to remember the \"cover-ID\" or \"album-ID\" or something like that in order to fetch the same cover again the next time? Or would it even be allowed to refetch the cover automatically after deleting it? Or does amarok have a feature like this already?

Uli
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Re:Remember

Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:50 pm
Uli wrote:
Hi,

after 90 days or so, amarok removes the covers it fetched from Amazon. This seems to be due to Amazon\'s licence.

Does this mean that the situation for the album is the same as if there was never a cover added?

This would not be a very nice solution because in many cases, the wrong cover is fetch when using the automatic, so I had to select the right cover manually. After the cover is removed, I have to do this again.

To get around this, you could use the "CopyCover" script. Fetch it from the script download page.

Would it be allowed by Amazon to remember the "cover-ID" or "album-ID" or something like that in order to fetch the same cover again the next time? Or would it even be allowed to refetch the cover automatically after deleting it? Or does amarok have a feature like this already?

This is planned for amaroK 1.3.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer