This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Discussion: New scoring

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Mike Diehl
Registered Member

Re:Discussion: New scoring

Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:04 pm
Use the script engine if you want to monitor for track changes. Have a look at http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/index.php/Sc ... ting_HowTo for more info.

dcop amarok player setScore ( score ) and
dcop amarok player setScoreByPath ( url score ) are what you need for setting scores, plug in your own algorithm that suits your needs.
twist

Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:49 pm
hi,

i tried amaroK for the first time yesterday because my previous playlist-generator-of-choice, longplayer (http://lplayer.sourceforge.net/) is really buggy.
amaroK looks really great, and the rating is a nice idea, but i tend to skip songs often, although i like them, but it depends on my mood and so on ;)
so the automatic rating is not really sufficient...

now what i\'d like to see would be a mixture of both. a two-way rating system,
like the linux kernel handles the priorities of processes. you would have a manual score (0..10 or so) and a dynamic score (the one that is already implemented), and one could set the weight of those values.
so for example, i could choose that the manual rated score makes up 90% and the dynamic one 10% of the final score.

would be great if you could implement that ;)
possebaer

Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:03 pm
Well I like the automatic scoring, but there is a question about the scores i couldn\'t find answered anywhere: Is the score used to do smth. useful, besides showing me some stats ? For instance in the case I use amaroK in random mode - are the songs which are chosen dependant on the score ? Is a high score song be more likely to get played than a song with low score ?

I use amaroK now for some weeks or even longer - and i couldn\'t find out till now ....

But it would be a great feature !

btw. - thanKs for a great app !

possebaer
carl0ski
Registered Member

Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:37 am
Your in luck the developers have already added manual scoring to amarok 1.3

now whenever you edit the tag of a song you have option to change tohe score.

Currently i am happy with the scoring as it is.