This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Ipod photo???

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Dylan Rhea
Registered Member

Ipod photo???

Thu May 05, 2005 3:54 am
Hey, i am about to get a 30 gigabyte ipod photo and i was wondering if amarok supported the album art or anything at all.
timeturtle

Re:Ipod photo???

Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:53 am
I have an ipod photo, and Amarok transfers to the ipod just fine, but the ipod doesnt see the album art for some reason. So the songs transfer but without pictures. GTKpod doesnt transfer pictures either. Itunes is the only program i have used that can transfer album art.

Maybe someone knows a program in linux that can transfer album art, or another way to do it? I hate having to boot into windows to transfer songs with album art.
mbs

Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:42 pm
You can transfer the albums with Amarok and then add the picture in iTunes since it sees all songs on your iPod. That\'s what I do until Amarok adds support for album covers.
Is this change request by the way for new Amarok?
mbs

Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:44 pm
You can transfer the albums with Amarok and then add the picture in iTunes since it sees all songs on your iPod. That\'s what I do until Amarok adds support for album covers.
Is this change request by the way for new Amarok?
lobo_cobra

Re: Ipod photo???

Mon May 22, 2006 8:24 pm
It is wired.... i have a ipod foto 30g and installed amarok 1.4. (upgrade from 1.3.9.). When I added new songs to the ipod at once, it showed the cover on the ipod. I was really happy and decided to empty all my ipod and to refill it with songs, as I saw only new songs were with a cover.

But I got greedy and (d'ont ask me why) wanted to install some ipod reladed programs... I ended up with deinstalling amarok.... reinstalling the same version.... and now guesss!!!!!

Cover-Art are not transferred anymore to my ipod. They do on windows but not anymore with amarok. I really get mad and tried meanwhile almost everything to make it work again. Was it a script I installed on amarok? a setting I changed? I HAVE NO IDEA.

Such a great program and I was such a fool to mess it up. Understand me right... amarok works like a harm on Kubuntu Dapper but I can not anymore transfer the cover-art. If anykonw knows why.... PLEASE HEEEELP!