This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

A few ideas, [wiki, playlist and searches]

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mortiferus
Registered Member
Hi there. I have some smal comments on the current amaroK (svn today). I have mentioned some of them on IRC, and the rest you have probarly heard from other people. But one extra reminder cant hurt:P But forgive my english, it is a far stretch from perfect.

In the right side part of the windows (where the current playlist is), you can double click on the border between the fields (the line between e.g Title and Artist). Then it will autoadjust that field. But it would be better if it could add some pixels at both sides, makes it easier to read.
And when you double click, and it needs more space it goes to the right side and take the space from there. I somehow feel that is is more logical to go to the left side, as it is the left side you can change the size of.

I love the new wiki. And in todays svn it is fixed that if one press one of the links in the "contents" part (witch some of the longer wiki-page\'s have) it moves down to that part of the page. But when one presses the back botton then, it moves back one page, not back to the top. Maybe it would be preferable to move back to wherever you were before you pressed the last link, instead of to the last wiki page?

Some of the wiki\'s got pictures, and even pictures witch are not on amazon. Maybe it would be a good idea to have some right-click actions, like "add as cover to current album", or something similar. And to be able to save the picture somewhere in the filesystem. I know that it is possible to launc the page in kongueror, but thats is one extra step needed.

It dont seem like it caches the wiki pages, maybe that is a good idea? And as it is wikipedia, it is leagal to:)

Better searching in the Collection window. I suggest to take a look at this page, a describtion page for the audioplayer quod libet. Would be cool to be able to do queries in the search window like #(lastplayed < 1 day) or
&(artist = "Miles Davis", #(rating > 80))

[the last one will find all by Miles Dabis, with rating above 80]. The thing is that most of these (of not all) are already possible with the dynamic playlist. But then you have to create the playlist first and then add it. It would (especialy for smal queries like this) be alot faster to be able to just enter it through some kind of search scheeme in the collection search field. It could also be possible to enter raw sql statemenst, but I think the way quod libet does it is a lot easier (as I dont know SQL). Some of the positive things about it is:
1)It dont messes with the user interface. Those who dont want to use it dont even need to know about it.
2)As the dynamic playlist already fetaures much (if not all) of this, it should not be to hard to make, for whoever made the dynamic playlist.

Feel free to comment.
Mortiferus

Edit1: So, I now checked the post again, and I see that the last (and best:P) part of my post has been cut off. I have no idea why, maybe some of the characters. Will try to see if I can find the rest of it and edit it back inn, this time in a quote.
Edit2: So, now is fixed, lets see if the forum can handle the message inside quotes.

Post edited by: mortiferus, at: 2005/05/08 17:19