This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

converting replaygain tags to amarok volume

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Martin
Hi,

I\'m trying to hack together a little amaroK script to read replaygain tags from my .ogg files and adjust the amaroK volume accordingly, just to get a very crude form of replaygain support.

Is there some \'magic\' forumula which will tell me what volume to set in amaroK (using dcop) based on the contents of the replaygain tags, e.g.:

REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK=0.12454505
REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN=+11.29 dB

If not it\'s going to have to be trial and error!

Thanks

Martin
oggb4mp3
Registered Member
Replaygain support is scheduled for 1.3. There is a development document here. Maybe you could add to it or help in some way.

Sorry I can\'t answer your question specifically, but the db scale is logarithmic, so you should be able to tranlate that to volume adjustments. i.e. -10db should require volume be cut by 50%.

Post edited by: oggb4mp3, at: 2005/05/14 05:03
lord_rel
the obvious next request is that amarok will set the ReplayGain, VorbisGain etc as it can \"see\" the whole collection so adding to the wiki now would prevent \"nagging\" later

its a very nice thing to have as there is no single tool to do that in linux ( for collections and/or mixed formats [specific tools for single formats do exist])
oggb4mp3
Registered Member