This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Devilish Suggestion...

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rhY

Devilish Suggestion...

Thu May 12, 2005 7:46 pm
:evil: You really should make a windows version. My dependence on winamp is a key feature that is keeping me from switching to linux. If you had a windows version that I could try out for a couple weeks, if it was good enough, off I\'d go to Ubuntu.... :evil:
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Re:Devilish Suggestion...

Thu May 12, 2005 7:52 pm
rhY wrote:
:evil: You really should make a windows version. My dependence on winamp is a key feature that is keeping me from switching to linux. If you had a windows version that I could try out for a couple weeks, if it was good enough, off I\'d go to Ubuntu.... :evil:

As Ubuntu is a GNOME distro, I\'d rather see you stay on windows ;)

Post edited by: markey, at: 2005/05/12 15:52

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
Mike Diehl
Registered Member

Thu May 12, 2005 7:52 pm
Just switch, amaroK is more than good enough.....
Michael Mitton
Registered Member

Fri May 13, 2005 3:30 am
madpenguin8 wrote:
Just switch, amaroK is more than good enough.....

Agreed.

But if you don\'t believe us, why don\'t you try out the amaroK live CD and see for yourself:

http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/index.php/AmaroK_Live
Hans
Administrator
OS

Fri May 13, 2005 3:18 pm
rhY wrote:

If there were a Windows version, wouldn\'t you think "Oh great... but I need Photoshop too! But I don\'t need Linux to use amaroK any longer :evil:".

Trying the Live Dist is a good idea.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
Olek

Sat May 14, 2005 2:27 pm
http://www.fefe.de/nowindows/

I\'m not against porting, but in this text there are many good opinions.
apachelogger
KDE Developer
OS

Sun May 15, 2005 12:27 am
First of all: we won\'t do any porting to windows, that\'s a job for Windows devels not for linux ones

and we can\'t do anything against a porting by windows-devels, amaroK is open source so if somebody ports kde to win, there will be no way to prevent an amaroK port

means:
if someone wants to port kde+amaroK to windows there will be one if not then not

that easy is it ;)

Annoyed with bbcode since 1999.
eean
KDE Developer
OS

Sun May 15, 2005 12:40 am
Well, until amaroK runs on a KDE4/Qt 4 a port to Windows is illegal due to the license of Qt 3 under Windows.

Amarok Developer
RND

Tue May 17, 2005 8:11 pm
Begs the question as to why hes so dependent on winamp. Swtich to linux and youl be pleasantly surprised. Switch to amaroK and youl never look back.
RND

Tue May 17, 2005 8:19 pm
Apparently they are changing the license which may make it more possible to port qt/kde to windows.