This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Awesome feature suggestion

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
DerrickB

Awesome feature suggestion

Sat May 14, 2005 10:35 pm
I was using amaroK to find some lyrics the other day, and i thought up of a feature idea, what if you could also find Bass/Guitar Tabs for the song that you are currently listening to? that would be very very awesome. what do you guys think? It shouldn\'t be hard to do, if there is a tab site that would agree to it.
brk3
Registered Member

Re:Awesome feature suggestion

Sun May 15, 2005 1:48 am
Na.. Too lazy to explain why that shouldnt/wont happen.
Maybe a cool plugin idea though ;)
Alanceil
Registered Member
OS

Sun May 15, 2005 2:47 am
why not post it to the mailing list or in the irc? (there, it is more likely that the devs reply to your idea :) )
Hans
Administrator
OS

Mon May 16, 2005 1:01 am

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
duende

Mon May 23, 2005 12:01 am
I thought about this before too, and how great of an idea it would be. Then i got to thinking a little more. Lyrics are a bit different because for the most part, lyrics are black and white, what\'s out there is (normally) correct, so, you can safely use one set source and for the most part, trust it.

Guitar tabs are a bit different, they are more interpretive, every person that writes a tab, writes it in their own way, or interprets a song in their own way. I think that it\'s this inconsistancy that doesn\'t make it a good set feature for amarok.

However, as brk3 stated, it could make for an excellent plugin if someone came across a good guitar tab source that you\'re able to pull from in a script.

In short; i\'d use it :)
Itsme

Thu May 26, 2005 6:45 am
And while we\'re at it, we need a plugin that gets the pictures of the artist from this website: http://www.nudecelebritypictures.nu/ :whistle: