This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature Request

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
BalSeraph

Feature Request

Thu May 26, 2005 4:31 pm
Ok, I\'ve checked around as much as I can, but I haven\'t seen this requested anywhere else...

I have been using amaroK for a month or two (great work devs!), and I have a small problem - my tastes change, as I\'m sure everyone does. So while my previous favourites have a huge rating, the stuff I\'m listening to now doesn\'t do much. Over time this will get worse, as another set of tracks gets to 90+ rating, just as my tastes change again. Eventually most of my music will be 95ish, and the rating system become silly.

My suggestion/request is some kind of renormalizaion for the ratings - perhaps a Gaussian overlap which will move extreme tracks back towards the centre, without doing much to the average rated tracks.

Comments?
sebr

Re:Feature Request

Fri May 27, 2005 6:39 am
Yes, I understand what you mean. We have had a number of discussions about this over IRC. We like the idea of auto decay, but we must find a suitable method of implementing it - we can\'t scan every track for score, playcount etc on song change.