This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

playing RealMedia streams?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
fannagoganna

playing RealMedia streams?

Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:25 am
I was wondering if the new version of amaroK can play real media streams (ram files, rtsp, and the like)? I mention this because some radio sites, like the BBC world service and NPR\'s All Things Considered are in RealMedia format.

Tanim Islam
niwi

Re:playing RealMedia streams?

Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:30 pm
fannagoganna wrote:
I was wondering if the new version of amaroK can play real media streams (ram files, rtsp, and the like)? I mention this because some radio sites, like the BBC world service and NPR\'s All Things Considered are in RealMedia format.
Tanim Islam

What you can play with amaroK or not depends not on amaroK itself but on the sound engine you use. The xine engine can play most of the realaudio streams (~75% of all I would need). The gstreamer engine can\'t play most of the real audio streams.
Dhraakellian

Re:playing RealMedia streams?

Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:59 pm
BBC radio 3 is playing all of Beethoven\'s work this week. (thanks to someone in #amarok for pointing this out to me.)
Their real audio streams have been working for me in xine, even with my partially borked xine setup.