This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

iPod/amaroK filesystem format

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Mark

iPod/amaroK filesystem format

Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:09 am
Hello,

I\'ve been really interested in having amaroK and my mp3 player talk to each other. There\'s an option for iPod in the configuration but it never detected anything. I read an article in Tux Magazine that explained that it\'s looking for a very specific mount point /mnt/ipod.

Well I can do this, although I do not own an iPod. I have an IAudio M3L. The specificness though makes me wonder if amaroK is really looking for an iPod specifically. The M3L is basically just a 20 GB drive, but I\'d like to know what filesystem structure amaroK is going to expect (or create) when it synchronizes. Fortunately, the M3L is pretty flexible and I can work with a lot of things (currently I have a directory on it called /mp3 and that has all the music in it.) I would just like to know what the outcome is going to be before I try to synchronize the M3L with amaroK.

I haven\'t been able to find this documented anywhere; I think this is a pretty new feature, so I\'m not too surprised. Any help though that folks can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Mark
muesli
KDE Developer

Re:iPod/amaroK filesystem format

Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:55 pm
yes, it really is explicitly looking for an ipod.

regards,
muesli
imported-shiny
Registered Member

Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:34 am
But weren\'t there plans for amarok to be possible to synchronise with directory/mounted drive?
muesli
KDE Developer

Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:50 am
yes, there were and still are plans to do that :-)

...muesli