This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[FeatureRequest] Sorting Revisited

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jg26

[FeatureRequest] Sorting Revisited

Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:27 am
First off, allow me to gush. This is an amazing app, I\'ve been using it for quite some time now and it just gets better & better. Great job everyone!!!

I have a suggestion relating to the sorting of strings, particularly in the Collection Browse. I think it would be nice if sorting could eliminate the words \'The\', \'A\', or \'An\' at the front of a string for sorting purposes (but not display purposes). For example, I don\'t think \"The Allman Brothers Band\" should come right before \"The White Stripes\". The sorting should key in on \"Allman\" & \"White\", and not \"The\". This could, of course, be an optional feature.

Until now, I have been editing the tags of my files to accomodate this sorting mechanism (\"White Stripes, The\"). But I think its more appropriate for the app to handle the data, rather than have the data conforming to the app.

I couldn\'t find this request in a previous thread, but if this is a repeat, you have my humblest appologies & could you please direct me to the proper thread?