This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Visualizations

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Colleen

Visualizations

Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:17 pm
First, I think this application is one of the greatest things since \"sliced bread\"! :-)

I\'m running amaroK 1.2.4 under Fedora Core 4, It was installed using yum and uses the FC4 version of KDE. Initially, I had no visualizations, but knew that it was because I needed the libvisual-plugins, which the Fedora people hadn\'t yet finished developing this package. However, I installed it once it became available.

I now have libvisual and libvisual-plugins, but still no visualizations. I don\'t know if I\'m missing something or this is a FC4 issue. Under FC3, I had amaroK installed, but was using FC3 packages pulled from a KDE repository (the FC4 packages weren\'t available from there the last time I looked). Under FC3, I had amaroK, amarok-gstreamer and amarok-xine installed (as well as the libvisual packages). However, under FC4, there doesn\'t seem to be packages for amarok-gstreamer and amarok-xine, at least not on the default repositories that FC4 pulls from.

Any guidance here would be appreciated.

Regards,

Colleen
sebr

Re:Visualizations

Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:27 am
Seeing that the amarok package was released before the libvisual ones, it makes sense that the packagers compiled without visualisation support.

Ask your packagers to add an amarok-libvisual package (i\'m not too sure how the rpm system works).