This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Lyrics, a few ideas

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Dibber

Lyrics, a few ideas

Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:38 pm
I think the lyrics part of Amarok is one of it\'s best features, I absolutely love it. There are a couple of ideas I have thought of for improving it though, I hope you don\'t mind if I list them.

1) If lyrics are in the ID3 tag, then show them rather than fetch them from the internet (although maybe have a button to say \"fetch anyway\")
2) Allow editing of the lyrics in id3 tags (I have to use another program to do this at the moment) as the View/Edit Meta Information does not have a writeable field for lyrics
3) For songs without lyrics in the id3 tag, allow the saving of the lyrics from the internet into the id3 tag

What do you think of these ideas? Is there any chance of seeing these being implemented?

Keep up all the great work btw :cheer:
Xavier Baez

Re:Lyrics, a few ideas

Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:54 am
I\'ve added the Lyricis fetched from Amarok using KDE\'s Kid3 (ID3 Editor)

However I will like amarok to display the TEXT and/or USTL from the ID3v2.3 found in MP3 files.

I will really liked if Amarok could display the lyrics that are already present in the MP3 file, just as Dibber said..

That will make Amarok even more impressive than what it is