This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

I want more SQLite options...

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
doutor.zero

I want more SQLite options...

Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:45 pm
Hello, and sorry for my poor english.

Why amaroK don\'t have any options to tweak SQLite?

For example: I can only start a manual collection rebuild but not a collection rescan. Or, I can\'t choose when amaroK checks for changes in the collection folders.

So it will be really good if, besides the simples \'Scan folders recursively\' and \'Watch folders for changes\' there is more options like: choose between a automatic or manual rescan, choose the update interval (if I want, for example, a auto rescan to happen in 15 minutes interval), or even a option to start a manual rescan, only in some folder (if I add or modify only one folder in the collection).

Thanks,

doutor.zero
Dongs

Re:I want more SQLite options...

Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:06 am
Those aren\'t really SQLite options, in fact they all relate to gamin. I agree that we should be able to initiate a rescan manually though - hopefully the need will be gone when we\'re all using inotify :woohoo: .
Mike Diehl
Registered Member

Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:55 am
Why not run `dcop amarok collection scanCollection` to do a collection scan. Also in 1.3 there is `dcop amarok collection scanCollectionChanges` to scan just modified folders.
doutor.zero

Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:06 am
madpenguin8 wrote:
Why not run `dcop amarok collection scanCollection` to do a collection scan. Also in 1.3 there is `dcop amarok collection scanCollectionChanges` to scan just modified folders.

Thanks for your reply.

Is great to know there is all this options... ;)

But why not to put a menu for a easy use of them?

Bye,

doutor.zeo
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:19 pm
doutor.zero wrote:
But why not to put a menu for a easy use of them?

Duh, because they are already there? Open your eyes, perhaps?

Rescan Collection is in the Tools menu, and Update Scan is the Reload button in the Collection Browser.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
doutor.zero

Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:01 pm
markey wrote:

[/quote]Duh, because they are already there? Open your eyes, perhaps?

Rescan Collection is in the Tools menu, and Update Scan is the Reload button in the Collection Browser.[/quote]

Thanks for your kind words!

In my first post I had said that I know that I can do a collection rebuild so I\'m asking about more options to this process and a option to do a manual rescan at given time.

But in amaroK beta 2 the button in the collection browse is always grayed out so there is nothing I can do to start a update.

So maybe you can tell me, with your fantastic expertise how can I make the button work.

Maybe you, before posting, need to open your **** eyes, ****.
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:33 pm
doutor.zero wrote:
Maybe you, before posting, need to open your **** eyes, ****.

We will not accept this kind of language. Discussion closed.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer