This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

More/better display of stream or file type

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
wsky
STREAMS/INTERNET RADIO

The stream details in context window are very detailed, they show title & artist, station name, music type, home page and stream URL, that\'s all very great, but I am sincerely missing a display of the audio type. The only shown technical stream data is the bitrate. I suggest i.e.

Ogg, 96 kbps (44 KHz) --- or
MP3, 128 kbps (44 KHz)

instead of only \"96 kbps\" or \"128 kbps\". Which is better here? ;)
Maybe even some technical data could be added, like connection speed & reliability or cast engine.

FILES/MUSIC LIBRARY

When playing files, the access to type information is even more harder because the context info does not display file info. You have to open the metadata or open the player window (which I normally do not use), but again you can see only the bitrate. Or am I missing something??

Furthermore, the bitrate displays the average only when playing VBR files. At least in the player window, the actual bitrate should be displayed IMHO.

Ah well, forgot to mention, amaroK rocks!
eean
KDE Developer
OS
Its not technically possible to show the actual bitrate.

Amarok Developer
wsky
Well, okay, I\'ve seen this type of continously updating bitrate display on some Windoze amplifying player, and it\'s actually not important (just cool). But what about my other suggestions... some more info in the context window...!?
As I mentioned, the audio file type matters very much when trying to classify the audio quality with a certain bitrate. Sampling frequency too, though others than 44,1 kHz are rarely used.