This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

AMAROK DOESNT WORK!!!

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Shawn
Registered Member

AMAROK DOESNT WORK!!!

Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:03 am
Amarok doesnt work.... it crashed when i did the browse for media files, and ever since then it stopped opening... so i checked the log and deleted all the songs it was crashing on, and it turned out to be my entire library of music :@:@:@ then when i got it open, and tried to play a mp3, it says that the engine \"claims\" to be not able to play the type... WTF IS GOING ON?? ugh sorry about the harshness, but ive had problems with my FC4 install from the beginning so im kinda **** off..... Someone wanna help me so i dont wipe it all and reinstall windows? thanks :)
Shawn
Registered Member

Re:AMAROK DOESNT WORK!!!

Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:43 am
one other thing... seeing as i couldnt play my own mp3\'s, i tried the radio, and it just buffers to 100% then starts over and doesnt stop.... it loops in the buffering stage....
Shawn
Registered Member

Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:02 am
it also crashes when i add mp3\'s to the collection.... this is supposed to be a mp3 player, is it not?
carl0ski
Registered Member

Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:11 am
arggh spam abuse.

this belongs in help forums because Amarok does work :)

1st problem FC4 is a **** with mp3\'s

2 When amorak adds lots of files 100+ at a time you should expect it to be unresponsive for a few minutes as it has to build a database.

3 What version do you use? RPM from redhat or from amarok site or from source?
1.3 ? 1.2?

4. make sure amarok-arts amarok-gstreamer engine or xine amarok engine is installed.

5. You are using amarok with KDE right? it was made for kde and i don\'t know how well it will run with out it.

6. make sure and i mean this, that not 1 of your mp3s have permissions that won\'t let you add it. aka read denied.
hds
Registered Member

Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:27 pm
FC does not have mp3 support by default. google for \"fedora mp3\" and see.

you have to add mp3 support 1st, otherwise you will not be able to play mp3 - no matter what player you use.
its not amaroks fault.