This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Changed system tray icon

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
esavior

Changed system tray icon

Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:19 pm
This is probably one of those questions your tired of hearing but I did a search and couldnt find a answer to my question, so here it goes....

I just upgraded from 1.2.4 to 1.3 beta 3 and I noticed that the icon in the system tray changed from the cd looking thing to the blue wolf icon. What happened to the old icon? I really liked the cd icon, when you were playing songs and the darkness was moving up the icon it looked like the cd was filling up. It was a cool effect.

So yea the question is, How come the icon change from the CDish thing?
eean
KDE Developer
OS

Re:Changed system tray icon

Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:58 pm
Well, for one that wasn\'t a CD it was a speaker. So... it just wasn\'t such a great icon. There are already lots of applications with CD or speaker icons.

Amarok Developer
esavior

Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:48 pm
It was a speaker? wow I feel like a dork now. Thanks for the quick reply!

Before I head out just want to say that the system tray icon change was just something I was curious about, amaroK is still miles ahead of all the other players. Great work guys.
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:48 am
If you wondered why we have a wolf for an icon: Amarok means wolf in the Inuit language. That\'s why we\'re so fond of it :)

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer