This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature request concerning Audioscrobbler plugin

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Stephan Hässelbarth
Hi guys,

first of all: Congratulations to your 1.3_beta_3 release. It\'s great (beside musicbrainz).

Today I had an idea for a feature that I feel missing: The possibility _not_ to submit a certain song (or several ones) to Audioscrobbler. Let me explain:
I hear a lot of audio books. Often, these ones are splitted into numberless tracks. If I play them in amaroK, every single track will eventually be submitted to Audioscrobbler. In this special case, this behaviour is not desired, because it distorts my music profile on Audioscrobbler (Audio books aren\'t music, mostly).

Couldn\'t there be an option in the context menu that marks one or more tracks not to be submitted to Audioscrobbler?
danglewtf
Seconded... along with the ability to view the submit queue within amarok, as well as the submit log.
eean
KDE Developer
OS
Such a feature would be bloat.

I actually kinda like it that my second-favorite \"artist\" is Terry Pratchett. :laugh:

Amarok Developer
HairMetalAddict
Registered Member
If it\'s any consolation, the new AS/LastFM site makes it not-so-hard to remove artists from your profile (I\'m beta-testing the site now).

Whether that permanently removes the artist or not... I don\'t think so. But I\'ve brought up the suggestion of having a permanent ban option there... for people who have others in the house that play Britney Spears and Eminem and Nirvana and other such **** you don\'t want to be affiliated with. :laugh:

HairMetalAddict
Registered Member
Update... the AS devs seem to think this is a good idea (permanent ban of artist from profile).

It\'s one step towards getting it implemented, at least. They got a lot on their plate at the moment, so don\'t expect it to be acted on anytime soon.

Stephan Hässelbarth
Well, this would achieve my goal as well, so I\'m satisfied with this solution.