This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

no tooltip window

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
somebody

no tooltip window

Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:10 am
i have kde 3.4 i have one problem (amarok 1.3-beta3): i don\'t have tooltip window which should be displayed when i move cursor on amarok tray icon :(
raphistol
Registered Member

Re: no tooltip window

Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:18 pm
I think you are victim of the same problem that us (see the post http://amarok.kde.org/forum/index.php/topic,13988.0.html).
If the song don't contain a lot of informations the size of the popup will be very small, so you will not see the tooltip.

For example in my case I can see sometimes this tooltip, but only if the information in the tag is very long, because the top left corner of the popup appear out of the screen (in the top left of the screen). So I can only view a part of this popup.

Debian lenny
KDE 3.5.7
Amarok 1.4.6

Last edited by raphistol on Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hydrogen
Registered Member

Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:22 pm
Way to go grave digging and resurrect a horribly old thread.

I have a feeling that it is not the same problem.
raphistol
Registered Member

Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:27 pm
I'm conscious that it's very old, but it's the only one (with the post mentioned) that correspond to my problem.
dangle_wtf

Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:23 am
actually, it probably is the same problem :) sometimes for no apparent reason, the tooltip starts being drawn offscreen. Thinking about it, changing location of your system tray might help reset the tooltip position. Consider this in conjunction with the info in the other thread.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"