This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

integrated last.fm-support?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Kane32

integrated last.fm-support?

Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:28 pm
A few moments ago, i read on the new last.fm-page, that you have to download the \"last.fm-player\" to listen to the radio-streams on that page. On the download page, i saw that the player was BSD-Licensed.
Would it be possible to have native last.fm-support in further versions of Amarok?
I think this would be a great feature :)

Link: http://www.last.fm/help/player/
muesli
KDE Developer

Re:integrated last.fm-support?

Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:15 am
since i\'m the programmer of the last.fm player and an amarok developer: yes it is possible, the last.fm player is developed with qt, just as amarok is.

...muesli
apachelogger
KDE Developer
OS

Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:59 pm
Kane32 wrote:
Would it be possible to have native last.fm-support in further versions of Amarok?
I think this would be a great feature :)

it\'s amaroK

http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/index.php/FA ... _Amarok.3F

Annoyed with bbcode since 1999.
Josh

Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:17 am
It has my vote. I love amaroK, it\'s the best audio player on *nix, but I\'m continually frustrated by not being able to play my last.fm streams. The new linux player should probably be fine, but it would be awesome to have it included. The source is available, could a dev look at it and tell us if it\'s feasible at all? (My ignorance of Linux programming prevents me from making intelligent statements.)
eean
KDE Developer
OS

Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:27 am
^^^^
Read muesli\'s post.

Josh wrote:
It has my vote. I love amaroK, it\'s the best audio player on *nix, but I\'m continually frustrated by not being able to play my last.fm streams. The new linux player should probably be fine, but it would be awesome to have it included. The source is available, could a dev look at it and tell us if it\'s feasible at all? (My ignorance of Linux programming prevents me from making intelligent statements.)

Amarok Developer
noleti

Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:38 am
that would be awesome - I\'d love that feature too!

any rough ideas when it _could_ be implemented?
eean
KDE Developer
OS

Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:00 pm
Um, nothing is stopping it.

Amarok Developer
w7

Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:34 am
maybe last.fm could provide ioslave bindings to work within kde that amarok could access like any other service (ie: devices/media/files etc)

thanks for the amaork
J_Omega

Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:13 am
This would be a VERY welcome addition to amaroK!

amaroK has quickly become my preferred player. Keep up the good work!
kundor

Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:02 am
What would be awesome would be if last.fm could work like a dynamic playlist -- that is, the upcoming tracks on last.fm show up in the playlist, so that you can preemptively edit them. Is that possible with the last.fm protocol?
eean
KDE Developer
OS

Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:41 am
kundor wrote:
What would be awesome would be if last.fm could work like a dynamic playlist -- that is, the upcoming tracks on last.fm show up in the playlist, so that you can preemptively edit them. Is that possible with the last.fm protocol?
IANAL, but giving too much flexibility would probably screw up the licenses they have for Internet radio play.

Amarok Developer
lfranchi
KDE Developer

Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:37 am
FYI thats not actually possible given the current API i don\'t think. all you get is a stream, controllable, yes, but still a stream.

Amarok developer.

lfranchi, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
lunzo

Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:45 am
using amaroK for playing last.fm would be very nice!

thank you guys for creating amaroK, definitly the best player there is!