This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

i love this program

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Alex

i love this program

Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:45 am
just installed gentoo a week ago, was looking for a good replacement for iTunes and boy did i find it...

just ran fetch covers on my 767 album collection and only *14* of them weren\'t found, granted some(i think less than 10) albums were mismatched(some quite humoriously) but still saved me an amazing amount of time...

thanks to all the people that programed this amazing piece of software :woohoo:
Hans
Administrator
OS

Re:i love this program

Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:18 am
Just you wait, all your wonderful covers will be deleted soon... :evil:

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
Mike Diehl
Registered Member

Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:22 am
This is true, but there are ways around it, search the forums if you feel the need.
oggb4mp3

Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:29 am
Mogger wrote:

What Mr. Mogger is referring to is the crazy practice of amaroK, whose devs actually follow the amazon.com terms of service (shock, horror), of deleting downloaded covers after 90 days.

But since it took so little time to download them, who really cares if they have to be fetched again?
mortiferus
Registered Member

Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:58 am
oggb4mp3 wrote:
Mogger wrote:

What Mr. Mogger is referring to is the crazy practice of amaroK, whose devs actually follow the amazon.com terms of service (shock, horror), of deleting downloaded covers after 90 days.

But since it took so little time to download them, who really cares if they have to be fetched again?

Yes this is true. Altough I head a while back that the devs was thinking about a kind of workaround. That amarok stored the exact result, so it could fetch the exact same album that you had before. So amarok would delete the album, but then automaticly fetch the same again. That would be realy cool. Not nessesary the part about automaticly fetching in again, but remebering what covers you had. I have about 2000 albums, a bunch of them local. For me the hard part is not to fetch them, but to clean them afterwards, remove all those that have the wrong cover, and search for the real ones. I have used at least a couple of hours for this, but maybe I am more anal about it than others. This is also why I use the "hack" which you can find on the forum, I dont want to do all that work again (it almost gave me RSI )
eean
KDE Developer
OS

Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:01 am
Yea, I\'m working on automatic redownloading right now.

QDom - lower your shields and prepare to be boarded.

Amarok Developer