This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature Request remove dead files W/O dupe removal

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Jackson
Please, please, please provide these two functions separately. Often I want/need to play a number of files in a long playlist in a specific frequency/etc, and I want to keep my playlist structured as-is, dupes and all.... but I\'ve got dead files to remove, too... I don\'t see why these two should be combined, or at least why both options aren\'t available.... or at least a button could be made to add to a toolbar/menu to only do one of the features? thank you.
mortiferus
Registered Member
I am not oneof the devs, but I would guess that such a option would be regarded as bloat by them. They dont want to include to many options, to keep the interface from getting cluttered.
But what about adding it as a dcop call? Then users like Jackson could just add it to a hotkey?
Jackson
Yes, that\'d be acceptable to me, so long as it\'s available somewhere. That\'s sort of the option I was trying to push when I said it could appear as a toolbar button that could be added. I do need the feature; this is very important to my work and my continued use of amarok.
eean
KDE Developer
OS
Why do you have so many dead files?

Amarok Developer
jackson
I don\'t... but when I generate long (24 hours +) playlists that are supposed to run continuously throughout the day without babysitting, one single dead file can be annoying enough. I have certain audio files that need to be repeated regularly (which the \"remove dupes/dead\" feature takes out of the playlist)...and it\'s a real big pain to re-make playlists; so I like using a good one for a while when I create it... thus, if amarok could simply delete nonexistent files without mucking up the rest of the playlist, I\'d be happy.