This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Great job. Now, what?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
febs

Great job. Now, what?

Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:16 pm
Thanks alot to all devs for their astonishing work.
Now, I\'m wondering about what we will see next.

Me, I\'d expecially like to have the chance to archive and catalogue my CDs and DVDs of music media, so that I could choose to play something from my whole list, and have amaroK to pop up a message like \"insert CD labeled \'speedcore vol.2\'. I think many people prefere to keep music on removable media than storing ALL of their collection in a HDD or in a network share.

Please let me know your thoughts about this idea.
Thank you again!
mortiferus
Registered Member

Re:Great job. Now, what?

Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:23 pm
TODO.
Personly I am most looking forward to \"Port Google-syntax to other places you can search in (most notably collection browser, possibly also file browser and cover manager.\"
E.g
artist:Jeth OR artist:Lamb OR score:>90
Edit: Forgot the url :P

Post edited by: mortiferus, at: 2005/08/16 16:24

Post edited by: mortiferus, at: 2005/08/16 16:24
febs

Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:49 am
I think people out there have lots of ideas and \"most wanteds\".
What I\'d like to know from the devs are the plans for the future: have you already idea of what will be put in next? Read: there is a feature roadmap?

TY
febs

Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:58 am
Sorry, I just spot the link. Thanks.
Mike Diehl
Registered Member

Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:01 am
Personally I\'d like to see custom menus in the menubar. Just like custom items in the playlist context menu. Only difference would be to run one time scripts, like backing up collectiondb, exporting playlists, and creating a pdf or html file of your collection. This would be a nice extension to the scripting interface imho.
pr06z3r

Removable media

Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:53 pm
Being a great media manager, the \"insert CD labeled \'speedcore vol. 2\' \" popup would be a great feature. It\'ll add LOADS to the ability of amaroK manage one\'s media. Being able to have all your media catalogued would be great.
Perhaps an added field/flag - Currently Available media/All media (or splitting the database into those categories)
or Mounted media/removable media flag, media title (volume label?) and a short description field (\"Look in CD folder 4\")
and a popup message, the track to be played next is on \"media title\", would you like to mount and CACHE? (skip to next track in 5..4..3..2..1)
The cache feature could do a sweep of the current playlist and cache upto a set size (whole CD/DVD, playlist tracks only, X MB only, ...)
I\'m unaware of any other payer/manager that can do this, so that shouldl give amaroK a larger lead!
bongoMan

Re:Removable media

Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:14 am
Hello,

I would realy appreciate a \"removable media\" feature too... Apart from this, I think that Amarok is an excellent programm! Go on like this!

thank you very much,
pascal
Grimmi-

Google

Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:30 am
People have so many places to get theyr CD covers, so I would think that making a extra option in the configure of amarok, something like \"CD Covers\" and you could specify the site where you want to download the cd covers, where do you want to store them and where to search them from the hd\'s, this would be nice. Since I can\'t find any of the older albums, more underground bands from amazon.

The possibility to say, where to search covers would create a some kinda amarok diversity to create a database for lyrics & covers, so it would be nice to see/create that kinda site ;)