This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

FeatureRequest: edit tags on no writeable files

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Brenda
I have lotsa music on non-writeable mounted network drives, and Read-Only mediums

Some of these are badly tagged or not tagged at all.

I\'d love to be able to edit the tags, or pull from musicbrainz, and have amarok save these in the mysql/sql-lite database even though it cannot save this info to the actual file.

currently, if i edit the track\'s info, and \"Save & Close\", then i get an errror like this:
TagLib claims /mnt/music/Classified/Jazz/Louis_Armstrong/The_Hot_Fives,_Volume_I/02-(Yes!)_Im_in_the_Barrel.ogg file is not writable.

and the changes i made are discarded.
apachelogger
KDE Developer
OS
mhh, I think I got a idea, make them writable :S

coz such a feature will definitly cause a lot of problems, imagine if a file has been deleted and you save the tags 3 seconds after ... the file can\'t be written, so amaroK writes them in the database, and after some months you have a **** amaroK and a **** database

it\'s also a very unneeded feature imo :ermm:

Annoyed with bbcode since 1999.
Brenda
surely amarok can tell the difference between a missing/deleted file and a file that is present and readable but not writeable.
??
apachelogger
KDE Developer
OS
well, as the feature is senseless the disusscusion is it too, imo

just make them writeable .... btw, I (personally) won\'t see things like \'why does my sister have wrong tags, but mine are correct?\' or \'amaroK changed tags\'

Annoyed with bbcode since 1999.