This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

a request on behalf of dance music fans

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
solusrex
I just installed it and I must say that it\'s the best audio player i\'ve ever come across. It only seems to be lacking one thing from my point of view:

I like dance music. dance blokes record under pseudonyms. so in the id3 tags for tracks by 3MB, basic channel, rhythm & sound, infiniti, etc I have a comment tag of \'maurizio\' who is behind or connected to all those artists (the infiniti one would read \'juan atkins, maurizio\' for example).

Is there any way I can use the \'comment\' tag as opposed to the artist tag to sort my collection?

solusrex@hotmail.co.uk
H
yes! this is a great idea - a way to link artists together, like an %artistname% or something tag.

I think maybe just loosening the collection structure and tagging engine, so we can set \'custom\' tags, then be able to search for them.
Jerkface
I agree with H, accessing arbitrary (or at least any of those in id3v2) tags would be great. All of my MP3s have BPM set (used a shareware Windows program in WINE) and it would be neat to sort based on that.