This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Delete current track and go to next

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mkkot

Delete current track and go to next

Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:22 am
Hi
First sorry for my English ;)

I have huge collection of mp3 files. I like some files, some other i hate. As i wrote collection is huge, so I don\'t have space on HDD.
What I want? I would like to have some option, assigned to keyboard shourtcut, which delete (from disk) current listening track and go to the next track. You may hide it deep in menu for less experienced users, but please do it. Or... maybe amaroK can do it with some dcop script? Can you write it for me?

Thanks in advance
Dan
You already can delete from amarok... right click on file and choose delete.
mkkot
I know. But I must say Yes on question (can you do something with that?) and I must go to next track. I want to have it on one button.
imported-shiny
Registered Member
Command which you need is:
[code:1] rm \"`dcop amarok player path`\" && dcop amarok player next. [/code:1]
Just make a script from it, and attach to some keyboard shortcut in khotkeys. But watch out when you press it!
mkkot
Works excellent! Thanks! Will you integrate it with amarok?
imported-shiny
Registered Member
But why? Tell me, how many users would need such option? Not too many, I guess. Thats where DCOP comes in - use it when you need some specific feature, which is unlikely to be included by devs.
mkkot
Maybe some poll? Can you add it for this topic? I don\'t know how forums works.

What\'s mean devs? My translator doesn\'t know this word.
imported-shiny
Registered Member
devs==developers
mkkot
Registered Member
Hello, it's me again ;)

Dear Ljubomir, script you've written worked for some time (thanks a lot), but today I tried to use it and it looks that this script doesn't anymore recognize spaces:

linux mk {~} $ dcop amarok player path
/home/mk/Muza/Techno/Wrzesien i pazdziernik  2004/Pulsedriver_-_Beat_Bangs_(L_Project_Klubb_Rmx).mp3

linux mk {~} $ rm \"`dcop amarok player path`\"
rm: can't remove `"/home/mk/Muza/Techno/Wrzesien': No file or directory
rm: can't remove `i': No file or directory
rm: can't remove `pazdziernik': No file or directory
rm: can't remove `2004/Pulsedriver_-_Beat_Bangs_(L_Project_Klubb_Rmx).mp3"': No file or directory