This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

further jobs

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Nelo

further jobs

Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:56 pm
First of all, amaroK is a great pice of software. A found it a week ago, and it keept me bussy since. But, as it is always I found some points that could be improved in my eyes. Correct me if I\'m asking for features that are already integrated (or won\'t be) and I didn\'t find them.

1. A import wizard for new files

By using a import function tags of new files that are to be integrated into the database can be reviewed, rectified and and then the files copied into a / the \'working\' database folder. The reason for this is, that if I put the new files into the \'working\' database folder amaroK integrates them into the database, however if the new files have wrong or incomplete tags, it is not quite easy to find them and tag them (especially if there are more than 10 files to integrate).

2. Deleting files

It is possible to delete files on the playlist with the right click contextmenu of the mouse, however it is not possible to delete files in the same way on the sidebar Context - Current - Albums by ... (as well as in Collection)

3. Tagging and Musicbrainz tag import

a) The results of musicbrainz are no sortable alphabetically by clicking the head of the column, e.g. artist. This would be great, particularly if there are more than 3 results.

b) The main window and therefore the player is blocked if I\'m tagging files or searching tags using musicbrainz. (especially if amaroK is tagging several files or the musicbrainz search takes a while) But if I want to skip the song that is now played, because I don\'t like it right now, I can\'t access the player.

c) A display of the filename in the tagging window (like in the musicbrainz tag import) would be better than a potentially cut of path.

.. and now the feature requests:

4. A more human or error tolerant search function

The search function could be more google like and suggest results with a different /correct spelling or similar sounding results.

5. amazon cover import

adding a cover for a album, only one cover result is displayed at once. It would be great if there could be more results displayed in a list to pic from.
[cover image] description e.g filename and height x width
[cover image] description e.g filename and height x width

6. advanced tag editor

a) if you could integrate a seperate tageditor, e.g like in JuK

b) further a tool to rename files Juk
\'filename -> tag\' as well as \'tag -> filename\'

7. Sidebar - Context - Current

The possibility to change the order / chose the elements that are displayed (Suggested Songs, Favorite Tracks, Albums by ..)

So, thats it for now, thank you for your time

Nelo